Friday 2 August 2013

You wouldn't throw money away so why throw food away?


We had some bananas lurking in our fruit bowl, now my family are fussy they don't like overripe bananas and I was getting fruit flies so it was time to do something with them. years ago i would have binned these but not now!

*really black ones were in the fridge, the one cut up was a really black one and as you can see it's completely fine inside.

So i chopped these all up and bagged them.


Bag went into the freezer and next week i will be making banana muffins with them. 

If you went to Tesco and they short changed you by £1 you'd be livid yet if i threw these in the bin i might as well have thrown £1 away. every little helps and plenty of people couldn't even afford a bunch of bananas so we shouldn't waste them.

This goes for anything cup up leftover roast for a stew as it makes it go further you need very little. Make shepherds pie from leftover mince add frozen mixed veg and a bit more gravy to stretch it. Add, chilli powder rinsed baked beans and kidney beans to left over bolognaise to make chilli. Use leftover mash to make fish cakes with some tuna and a heel of bread. 

Off shopping tonight with my vouchers hopefully, armed with a list will update you all on that tomorrow.

Put £90 into the savings yesterday. I'm determined now even if august which is going to be hard going to put something in the savings every week. Even if it's only £10. Wish me luck I'm going to need it to save something and clear my creditcard.

I nearly have the kids uniforms sorted I will do a seperate post about that when i get the last of it.

Foodwise i'm just using things from the fridge up today ready for my new shopping.

Hope you all have a lovely frugal day.




No comments:

Post a Comment